African Luxury Lt (trading as Patrick Mavros or www.patrickmavros.com) is committed to maintaining an accessible environment for persons with disabilities. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that our policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of our services to persons with disabilities are consistent with the following principles:
- Services are provided in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities;
- Persons with disabilities are able to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other staff or visitors; and
- Persons with disabilities have opportunities equal to others to obtain, use and benefit from Patrick Mavros' goods or services.
For the purposes of this policy: "Disability" means:
- Any degree of physical disability, infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, includes diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, a brain injury, any degree of paralysis, amputation, lack of physical co‐ordination, blindness or visual impediment, deafness or hearing impediment, muteness or speech impediment, or physical reliance on a guide dog or other animal or on a wheelchair or other remedial appliance or device;
- A condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability;
- A learning disability, or a dysfunction in one or more of the processes involved in understanding or using symbols or spoken language; or
- A mental disorder.
"Service animal" means an animal accompanying a person with disabilities where it is readily apparent that the animal is used by the person for reasons relating to his or her disability or where the person provides a letter from a physician or nurse confirming that he or she requires the animal for reasons relating to the disability. This definition includes guide dogs used by the blind or visually impaired.
Support person means, in relation a person with disabilities, another person who accompanies him or her in order to help with communication, mobility, personal care or medical needs or with access to goods and services.
3. Application of Policy
This policy applies to Patrick Mavros' products and services that are provided to the public. The policy applies to all employees, contractors and visitors at Patrick Mavros who are accountable for providing accessibility to persons with disabilities.
4. Providing Goods and Services to Persons with Disabilities
We are committed to excellence in serving all visitors, including persons with disabilities, and will carry out our functions and responsibilities by:
- Communicating with persons with disabilities in ways that take their disability into account.
7. Notice of temporary disruption
Patrick Mavros will notify the public in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by persons with disabilities. This notice will include information about its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. Notice will be communicated by such method as is reasonable in the circumstances.
8. Training for staff
Patrick Mavros will train its staff and other individuals who provide services to the public on its behalf on the provision of its services to persons with disabilities. This policy will also be shared as soon as practicable with new emplyees, contractors or people acting on behalf of Patrick Mavros. Training will include the following topics:
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a guide dog, service animal or a support person;
- What to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty in accessing Patrick Mavros' goods and services; and
- This policy.
Patrick Mavros will provide training on an ongoing basis when changes are made to its policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of services to persons with disabilities.
9. Feedback process
Patrick Mavros welcomes any feedback regarding the methods we use to provide services to persons with disabilities. Individuals may provide their feedback in person, by telephone, in writing, or by e-mail to:
Accessibility Team 104 Fulham Road, London United Kingdon SW3 6HS or email@example.com or by calling +44 207 052 0000
Accessible formats are available on request. The Accessibility Team will review and assess all feedback received with respect to Patrick Mavros' accessibility practices and policies. If the feedback is in the nature of a complaint, the comment(s) or allegation(s) will be investigated, unless they are made in bad faith, or are frivolous or vexatious. When investigating complaints, those staff who directly interacted with the complainant or those who would typically interact with the complainant, if any, will be asked to comment on the allegation(s) made in the complaint. After reviewing and investigating a complaint, the Accessibility Team will provide a written response to the individual who provided the feedback. Responses shall be provided within a reasonable amount of time and will depend on the complexity of the issues raised.
10. Modifications to this policy
Modifications to this or other policies Changes will not be made to this policy unless the impact of the changes on persons with disabilities has been considered. Any Patrick Mavros policy that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities will be modified or removed.
11. Questions about this policy
If anyone has a question about the policy, or if its purpose is not understood, please contact the Accessibility Team. Patrick Mavros welcomes suggestions from staff, browsers or customers for improving this policy and the manner in which we provide services to persons with disabilities.
12. Requests for further information
Upon request, Patrick Mavros shall provide a copy of this policy to any person requesting it. When a request for this policy is received, Patrick Mavros will provide the document or information in a format that takes into account the requestor’s disabilities.